The low range of Xiaomi has so many alternatives that opting for a good first is almost impossible. Among its range of entry-level mobile phones we have the well-known Xiaomi Redmi 5A and the new Xiaomi Redmi 6A, the successor that will come to battle one of the strongest markets.
Although they look similar, both devices have different characteristics and we can validate that after seeing the specifications of the Redmi 6A. So to see what those details are, let’s dust off their characteristics and there we will find the similarities and differencesbetween the two Chinese smartphones.
These are the differences between the Xiaomi Redmi 5A and the Xiaomi Redmi 6A
- Screen size and resolution : the Redmi 5A has a 5-inch HD resolution. Now, his older brother, the Redmi 6A, has a 5.5-inch screen with HD + resolution and a ratio of 18: 9.
- Processor : the Redmi 5A joins the Snapdragon 425 series, totally valid for this range. For its part, the Redmi 6A is transferred to the Helio A22 series of MediaTek, which offers good performance even an economical mobile.
- Dimensions and weight : both are compact, but the Redmi 5A is a smaller hair with dimensions of 140.4 mm x 70.1 mm x 8.4 mm and a weight of 137 grams. For its part, the Redmi 6A has dimensions of 147.46 × 71.49 × 8.3 mm and a weight of 145 grams. The 6A is slightly larger and only a few grams heavier.
- The design of the rear camera : the new Redmi 6A arrives with a rear camera framed horizontally next to the LED flash. On the other hand, the Redmi 6A has a rear camera that is separate from the flash.
- Price : the Redmi 6A will go on sale for 79 euros at the exchange, while the Redmi 5A can still be found for more than 85 euros.
There are also similarities between the Xiaomi Redmi 5A and the Redmi 6A
- RAM and storage : none of the sections are of premium range given its price, but we can count on cheap mobiles that offer 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of storage. In both there is the possibility of expanding the storage capacity via microSD.
- Rear and front camera : in the back we have a 13 MP sensor with LED flash and for selfies we have a 5 MP.
- Battery : 3,000 mAh are in each battery.
- MIUI 9 : both already have MIUI 9, although the 2 can also update to MIUI 10 that brings all these developments.
As you can see, there are quite a few differences between both Chinese terminals. But by way of summary, the two brothers are a bit like each other and can offer good performance for those people who need a mobile to open their social networks a couple of times a day and take a couple of photos with good quality. Even, they support heavy games like PUBG Mobile, although it is not that you are going to play it for hours and in maximum resolution quality. What do you like most about these Xiaomi devices?