With the Xiaomi Piston Pro 2 (QTEJ03JY), the Chinese manufacturer has launched a new hybrid in-ear with jack plug! Although Xiaomi even hardly leads current smartphones with jack cables, the business with the jack connection still seems to be worthwhile. How the new Xiaomi Piston Pro 2 differs from its predecessor, you will learn here!
● Original Xiaomi in-ear hybrid dual driver earphones
● Dynamic and balanced-armature drivers, for detailed sound
● Wire control microphone
● Adopts graphene, thinnest, strongest, and most eco-friendly material able to transmit sound fast, more ductile under high frequencies, producing sounds that are rich, sharp, and crystal clear
● High-elasticity fiber wire provides an excellent resistance to pull and perspiration resistant ability
● L-shape plug, no easy to break and wear
● Easy-to-control, play music and make calls
● Comfortable fit with ergonomic contoured form
● Come with 4 pairs of XS / S / M / L size soft silicone eartips for comfortable wearing experience
Xiaomi Piston Pro 2 driver
Let’s start with the most important innovation of the Xiaomi Piston Pro 2. This in-ear is also a Xiaomi hybrid in-ear with dual drivers. Like its predecessor, this in-ear also comes with both a dynamic driver and a balanced armature driver . The small fine difference is the material of the membrane of the dynamic driver, which consists of graphene .
Xiaomi seems to have just discovered this quite new material for loudspeaker diaphragms, because also in the new Xiaomi Mi Gaming Headset graphene drivers are used. These are characterized by the fact that the membrane vibrates very well compared to other materials and is 100 – 300 more tear-resistant than steel. This results in a better quality in the frequency response.
Design – what changes?
The new Piston Pro 2 is less similar in appearance to the Xiaomi Piston Pro, but is based rather on the newer Xiaomi ANC in-ear jack or on Xiaomi ANC in-ear with USB-C plug. Thus, the Piston Pro, in addition to the color inherits the angled jack and the textile fabric insulation of the cable.
But also parallels to the Xiaomi Mi IV Hybrid In-Ear is found on the control, this is similar to that of the Xiaomi Piston Pro less than that of the Mi IV Hybrid.
However, one thing all Xiaomi In-Ears still have in common is that the proven piston design of the handset remains an integral part of Xiaomi’s in-ear headphones.
Much does not change in the Xiaomi Mi Piston Pro 2 at first glance. According to the manufacturer, the graphene driver should perform better in the midrange and especially in the low frequency range. Whether this means that the new in-ear compared to the Xiaomi Piston Pro again designed more bass emphasis, of course, remains to be seen.