Xiaomi is developing the new version of its homemade OS, MIUI 10. And that while finishing the deployment of MIUI 9 on the devices for which the Chinese firm had promised this update. Last week, the company launched a survey to allow its users to choose between the names of MIUI 10 and MIUI X for the next edition of MIUI. A list of devices that will benefit from MIUI 10 to leak.
As a reminder, last month, Xiaomi has confirmed the update to MIUI 9 for about forty models, some dating back to 2012! If it’s not tracking it! Among these older models, we find the Xiaomi Mi 2, Mi 2S, Mi 4i, Mi Note, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi 2 and Redmi 2 Prime.
MIUI 10, however, will not be offered for these older devices. Nevertheless a large number of Xiaomi smartphones will benefit. The following devices will be eligible to receive MIUI 10:
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 2, MI MIX, coming soon Mi MIX 2S
- Xiaomi Mi 6, Mi 5S Plus, Mi 5S, Mi 5, Mi 5X, Mi 4S, Mi 4C, Mi 4, Mi 3
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3, Mi Note 2
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2, Mi Max Prime, Mi Max,
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A, Redmi Note 4X, Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 3
- Xiaomi Redmi 5, Redmi 5 Plus, Redmi 5A, Redmi Y1 Lite, Redmi Y1 Lite, Redmi 4X, Redmi 4X, Redmi 4, Redmi 3, Redmi 3, Redmi 3
- Mi Pad 3, Mi Pad 2, Pad Mi
For now, there is no information available about new features and changes that will come up with MIUI 10. MIUI 9 has introduced some visual changes, as well as a number of new features. MIUI 10 will probably do the same unless the Chinese firm decides to completely reorganize this overlay, but this is unlikely to happen. MIUI 9 was formalized in July last year and was deployed in early November. Xiaomi should adopt the same strategy this year for the release of the MIUI 10 update.