Many expected Xiaomi on November 2nd to present the new Redmi Note 5, but the firm has taken a new Xiaomi Redmi Y1 out of its sleeve, a new cell phone that nobody expected.
This new Xiaomi Redmi Y1 comes with a small brother, the Y1 Lite, but with the same purpose, bring Android’s low range closer to quality selfies with a great front camera and even added like the LED flash on the front. It comes in two versions but only the most premium has something to offer, the other comes to complement and therefore have more mobile phones on the market than fingers on the body.
Xiaomi Y1 and Y1 Lite: all information
Perhaps in some cultures selfies are not given as much importance but in Asia they are fashionable (or rather follow) and it doesn’t seem that this one will soon pass.
The new Redmi Y family is focused on quality selfies and in fact they are designed exclusively for this task. Besides that they also bring a big screen and the Asians don’t like small ones (screens, I mean).
Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi Y1
- 5.5-inch HD (1280 x 720p) screen with IPS technology. Provides 450 nits of brightness, 1000:1 contrast and Corning Gorilla Glass protection with 2.5D crystal.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 8-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 4-core processor for the Lite version.
- 3GB RAM and 32GB storage memory with the possibility to expand up to 128GB with microSD (4GB + 64GB version also available). The Lite mounts 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage.
- 13 MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 and PDAF.
- 16 MP front camera with f/2.0,76.4° lens and facial recognition. The Lite version has a 5 MP front camera with f/2.0.
- 3080 mAh battery.
As for the dimensions, despite being a low range, they are not bad at all. We have 153 × 76.2 × 7.7 mm with a weight of only 150 grams despite having an aluminium chassis.
Arriving with MIUI 8 (updated to MIUI 9 in mid-November) and Android 7.1.1 Nougat inside, fingerprint sensor in the rear (that the Lite model does not have), dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS and infrared, are a breeze.
Its front camera, the most attractive
These new Xiaomi Y1 are designed for good selfies but don’t be fooled, only the Xiaomi Redmi Y1 is well equipped for it with a powerful front camera, the Xiaomi Y1 Lite is nothing more than a mobile phone of 5.5 inches with hardware rather mediocre, perhaps in that sense it doesn’t become anything attractive because it adds nothing to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A that we have known for a long time and it’s not been easy.
It’s the first Xiaomi with front LED flash that will help you improve the scene and even have a quality fill-flash for good pictures. In the samples you can see that the Y1 works really well. Its front camera has 16 MP, f/2.0 and a viewing angle of 76.4º.
In addition to this powerful hardware, the Redmi Y1 integrates a technology called Pixel Binning that reduces image noise to a minimum, so you’ll enjoy powerful software processing. They haven’t forgotten the beauty mode either, you can rest easy, and there’s even facial recognition.
Price and availability of Xiaomi Redmi Y1 and Y1 Lite
Many people wonder when it will go on the market and at what price both models will be sold. First of all, we are going to make it clear that it will be launched on 8 November and will probably start to be available from this day onwards through the main importers.
As for the price we do not yet have the prices that retailers will apply to the change but the price at the exchange rate of rupees is not bad at all:
- Xiaomi Redmi Y1 with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage – 150 euros per change.
- Xiaomi Redmi Y1 with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage – 120 euros per change.
- Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage – 95 euros per change.
The price will probably have to be raised to at least 20 euros in the smallest of cases. We think that this release is interesting if you love selfies but only the Redmi Y1, the younger brother is a mobile phone that does not paint too much with the current catalog of Xiaomi.
Via | MIUI Forum