Egreat A8 is a new high-end TV-Box that includes an internal bay for 3.5 inch disk and a large number of connectors as distinctive elements, the box made of aluminum has a sober but compact design for the connection capabilities and storage it presents. It seems that the Egreat brand has specialized in this range of products as we have seen in its previous Egreat A10 and Egreat A5.
Egreat A8 is powered by the Quad Core SoC Hisilicon Hi3798CV200 which features ARM Cortex-A53 processors and a Mali-T720mp GPU with decoding support for H.265 video with 10bit color, a chip we’ve seen in models such as the Himedia Q10 Pro. This hardware is compatible with 7.1 DD and DTS audio formats, it also allows us to play BDISO and ISO 3D files. It has 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage memory, aC wifi with dual external antenna and Bluetooth 4.0.
At the level of highlights its internal bay SATA3 for 3.5″ disk that has a side door, we also have a USB 3.0 port, USB 2.0 port, Gigabit Ethernet port, HDMI 2.0a connector, composite video output and audio interfaces Coaxial, SPDIF and inside we have an active fan. The operating system is Android 5.1.1 and includes a specific launcher oriented multimedia, although as we know this SoC supports up to Android 6.0 and it’s a shame that it does not come with this version.
● Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz receiver
● HiSilicon Hi3798CV200 chipset with quad-core 64bit Cortex-A53 CPU and quad-core Mali-720 GPU. Overall performance is amongst the best of any Android box
● Exclusive wide-color gamut HDR / HDR10, 10bit deep color, 1.07 billion colors, bring you the true visuals
● 1000M RJ45 adaptive Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n WiFi, smooth display in LAN
● Built-in low power consumption Bluetooth 4.0, connection speaker, wireless keyboard, air mouse and other extension devices
● Support full format Blu-ray 3D movies display, bring the cinema 3D back
● H.265/HEVC 4K hardware decoding, up to 200Mbps decoding stream
● The remote control is powered by 2 x AAA battery ( not included )