As a rule, the Chinese market is already well-stocked with smartphones made by famous companies, but we still have the opportunity to see a few clones here and there. Incidentally, in some cases this copy is so similar that it comes as a surprise, and this is certainly the case in which we can fit the Homtom S8 and Meiigoo S8.
As you can see in the images we present in this news, both are clearly inspired by Galaxy S8, Samsung’s new flagship. However, do not expect to find the same components in them, as these similarities cease to exist when we analyze each other’s hardware.
Starting with the Homtom S8, Homtom decided to adopt a 5.7-inch screen, plus the MediaTek MT6750T chip, 4 GB of RAM and four color options: Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Arctic Silver and Maple Gold (yes , The names are identical to those seen on the smartphone of the South Korean company).
The following is the technical specifications of the Homtom S8
Technical specifications of the Homtom S8
- Screen: 5.7-inch HD + (720 x 1440 pixels) and standard 18: 9
- Processor: MediaTek MT6750 with up to 1.5 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM
- Storage: 64 GB of space (with support for microSD cards up to 128 GB)
- Cameras: dual 16 megapixel and 5 megapixels (rear) and 13 megapixels (front)
- Battery: 3,400 mAh
The Homtom S8 is not yet available for purchase, but it is known that it will be offered for $189 (no additional fees or taxes, approximately $595) – a relatively low price close to other offers we have on the market.
Exit the six, enter the “half dozen”
Unlike the Homtom S8, one of the differences of the Meiigoo S8 is to have a really curved screen (in the other clone the glass that covers the screen has 2.5D format to guarantee this effect), plus a MediaTek MT6737 processor, 3 GB of RAM And some other features that you give in sequence:
Technical specifications of the Meiigoo S8
- Screen: 6.1 inches with 720 x 1440 pixels resolution
- Processor: MediaTek MT6750T with 1.5 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM
- Storage: 64GB of space (expandable with microSD up to 256GB)
- Cameras: 13 megapixels and 8 megapixels (rear) and 8 megapixels (front)
- Other: 2G (GSM 850/900/1800 / 1900MHz) and 3G (WCDMA B1 / B2 / B4 / B5 / B8) networks, biometric reader, ambient light sensor, geomagnetic sensor, gravity sensor, proximity sensor
So far it is not known what the Meiigoo S8’s price will be, even when it will be available for purchase. But we have already left the question: in your opinion, which of these is the best clone of the Galaxy S8? Leave your answer in the comments space.