Meiigoo is the latest Chinese manufacturer to hit the market. The company has two products in its catalog, to date, the M1 and S8 smartphones. The first of them bet on more conventional design with home button below the screen with built-in biometrics and flat screen technology.
The second bet on something bolder with front glass 3D that follows the principles of the recent launch of Samsung. Not only that, but Meiigo’s S8 will be yet another copy of the upcoming Galaxy S8, offering narrow edges and rounded corners on the screen in an 18: 9 aspect panel.
Unlike the Homtom S8 seen earlier, the Meiigoo S8 will have a real curved screen in the corners, as you can see in the comparison offered by the company below.
The company has also released some S8 specs on its website, which pass far from what we found in Samsung’s flagship:
- 6.1-inch screen with resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels
- MediaTek MT6737 chipset with 1.5 GHz quad-core processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 32 GB of storage with microSD support up to 256 GB
- Dual rear camera with 13 and 8 megapixel sensors
- 8 megapixel front camera
- Sensors: ambient light sensor, geomagnetic sensor, gravity sensor, proximity sensor
- Biometric reader
- 2G (GSM 850/900/1800 / 1900MHz) and 3G networks (WCDMA B1 / B2 / B4 / B5 / B8)
As seen, the handset comes with the basic MediaTek chipset found in today’s input devices, which indicates that the Meiigoo S8 will be a simple option, but focusing on design differing from what we see in Chinese input models.
The company, however, failed to inform when we will see the novelty in the market and nor the possible launch price.